Hello War Eagle Band! Congratulations on a GREAT first week of school and an AWESOME first game!!! Thank you to our wonderful parent volunteers who helped with the Pre Game meal and with Chaperoning for the first game. That was a very smooth day..despite the weather and transportation glitches. Also a HUGE WAY TO GO….to our student leadership team who helped to make the first game day run so smooth! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!
- Individual Pictures will be made tomorrow from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Order forms are in the bandhall and all necessary information for ordering pictures is on that form. We do not handle the orders…only the photographer does. So have order form and payment ready to go. THIS IS THE ONLY DAY THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLACE AN ORDER!
- This coming weekend is our First Flag Holiday for our Flags with Pride Fundraiser. We need everyone to help. Each section has signed up to work a specific holiday…so this holiday will belong to the Drumline/Front Ensemble and Flute sections. Students in those sections will have a sign up sheet to sign up to work. However, anyone else can sign up to work in Charms. Remember, students this also goes toward your letter jacket requirement. Flag pick up is on Saturday, September 3 from 9am – 11am. WE NEED EVERYONE”S HELP!!!
- Disney Spring Trip Informational Meeting – Wednesday, August 31 at 6:00pm in the auditorium. A packet of information will be distributed detailing the trip…as well as the cost and required deposit schedule. If you are interested in going on the Spring Trip, please attend this meeting.
- Brass masterclasses begin this week with Mr. Dixon ( our brass master class teacher) On Wednesday, Symphonic, Concert Band 1 and Wind Ensemble brass players will need to bring their concert instruments….master class will be held during class time.
THIS WEEK IN BAND:
Monday – Band Pictures 1:00 – 5:00pm
Drumline rehearsal 3:15 – 5:15pm
Color Guard rehearsal 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Tuesday – Varsity Band Rehearsal 3:15pm – 5:45pm
Clinic with Mr Spicer during class and after school rehearsal
Wednesday -1. Brass Players – master class with Mr Dixon (bring concert instrument)
- Varsity Brass/Woodwinds rehearsal 3:15 – 5:15pm
Thursday – 1. Full Band (Varsity and JV) Rehearsal 3:15 – 5:45pm
****have black shoes
Friday -1. Pep Rally – band reports at 7:00am (bus riders arrive when your bus does)
Pep Rally begins at 7:20am ****you must wear Blue pep rally shirt
- Game Day – first home game
3:15 – 4:15 – Full Band Rehearsal
4:15 – 5: 30 – pre game meal and change into uniform
5:45pm – inspection/load buses
6:15 -arrive Woodforest
7:30 pm Game Start
10:00 – return to ORHS approx.
SATURDAY – Flag Fundraiser Day ( flutes and percussion section required)
9am – 11am pick up flags at storage unit.
It has been a great first week…Let’s keep the momentum going. As you settle into your academic classes…remember to adopt our philosophy in those classes…..EXCELLENCE IS NOT A SKILL BUT A HABIT…..FORM GOOD HABITS!!!!!!!!!!!! Let’s have another great week.
Oak Ridge High School