Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Monday is just around the corner – the start to another BUSY War Eagle Marching Band week! Here’s a few things to keep in mind…
1. Monday 9/10 – Open House @ ORHS 6pm-7:30pm … NO after school PRACTICE
2. Tuesday 9/11 – Band Booster Club meeting will be held in the auditorium @ 7pm.
3. Eligibility will be affected in just two weeks! It will be here before you know it and we wouldn’t want to be missing any of our Guard Girls for the first competition on Sept 29th @ Friendswood. Please keep an eye on your daughter’s grades – She must be maintaining a 70 or above in all classes to participate at games and competitions.
4. Practice Schedule for this week has been revised due to Open House and the availability of our choreographer Mr. Sperling. The three practice dates are for ALL Guard
Monday – No Practice
Tuesday –3pm – 7pm w/ Mr. Sperling
Wednesday – 3:15pm – 5:15pm
Thursday – 3:15pm – 5:45pm
5. Friday 9/14 – AWAY game vs The Woodlands @ Woodforest Stadium. Kick-off is @ 7pm.
6. Don’t forget to sign up for OAK RIDGE BAND 2018-2019 Remind 101. This is the way to stay in the loop when the band/guard travels. The directors will send out reminders and updates as well as ETA’s for the buses getting back to the school. Text the message @orband18 to the number 81010. If that gives you trouble, try texting @orband18 to 936-755-3995. There’s also a REMIND 101 mobile app if you prefer to get push notifications on your smartphone.
1. SNAP RAISE Fundraiser was a success! We reached our 77\% participation goal and raised approx. $27,720 for our program. Please send out a huge “Thank you” to all of your family and friends that supported our girls and helped us reach our goal.
2. Important information for the Mattress Fundraiser, the Friendswood Marching Contest, and the Disney Trip will be given at the Booster Meeting Tuesday @ 7pm. Come a little early and watch the band practice for a bit then stay for the meeting.
3. “ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL” Show Shirt orders will be available for pick-up on Thursday 9/13 from 4pm – thru the end of rehearsal. Please contact Vicky Roberts if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Flag return day is Saturday 9/15 8am-11am. Please contact Melissa Lunkwitz with any questions email@example.com
5. There’s still time to earn points for your Fair-Share and Trip Fees. Sign up in Charms to volunteer at the Pavilion. The White Shirt Crew would be happy to answer any of your questions – just email them @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Guard Mom note – The Homecoming game is Friday 10/16. It has been tradition for the girls to receive a Homecoming mum to wear at the game. Typically, a group of guard parents get together a few times to make the mums. We are planning on having the first “MUM Making” party on Saturday 9/22 – place and time to be determined. We have 40 mums to assemble – we would love to have your help! More details to follow soon…very soon.
**NOTE** The cost for this mum is $10. You should have gotten a cash app request from Guard Mom Nikohl Allgood. We are missing a few cell numbers on our contact list so if you did not get the request, please contact Nikohl @ 281-381-6731. If you would rather send cash to school with your daughter, please put $10 in a sealed envelope with her name on it and have her turn it into Alysha (Social Officer).
If you are interested in seeing what the mums looked like last year, check out the PARENTS THAT LOVE OAK RIDGE GUARD FACEBOOK PAGE. I’ll re-post some pictures. The girls enjoy having this privilege – it is something special that the directors allow only the GUARD to do for Homecoming. BUT it is an ALL or NOTHING type of thing. That means we have to have 100\% participation or it cannot happen. Also, because it will be considered a part of their uniform, the girls are ONLY allowed to wear the mums that are “Guard Mom made” at the game. We will hand out the mums on game night after the girls have changed into uniform. If your daughter wore a mum of her choice to school that day, there will be a place for her to hang that mum in the guard room for safe keeping while we are at the game.
One last thing… PARENTS THAT LOVE OAK RIDGE GUARD FACEBOOK PAGE is aclosed group for parents only. Very recently, we had some guard girls request to join so they can access the AWESOME pics that we parents post. You know the ones that they give us a hard time about taking but then can’t wait to see. Due to unfortunate past situations, we have to decline any student request to join the parent page even though we realize it’s only to get access to those “dreadful” pics that they secretly love. So feel free to save and share the pics to their other media accounts for them to enjoy.
Hope to see you Tuesday night at the Booster Meeting!
ORHS Band Booster
Color Guard Liaison
Share the music!