The Oak Ridge Band uses Charms Office System as our source for record keeping in the band program. Parents need to make sure that your contact information is correct within the charms system by logging in and checking your account periodically.
Parents can also track band payments, trip payments, view the band calendar, download the band handbook, and much more through the Charms System.
Sign up here to get up to the minute updates on the band status. When did we leave the stadium, when will we be home, unexpected changes etc…Remind Sign Up Info
The band calendar will only be available through Charms. Parents must log in to see important dates throughout the year.
Parents and students can sync the charms calendar to your smartphone so that you don’t miss any important dates.
To sync the Charms calendar to your phone follow the directions below:
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Under Acounts, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
To sync with Android devices, you will need to use your Google account and have a Google calendar created.
In your Google calendar on a real computer:
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
If you are volunteering for Pre-Game meals, Pit Crew or Chaperones please read the following information. Most volunteer opportunities and sign ups will be completed in Charms.
Per CISD policy, ALL volunteers are to submit to a criminal background check.
Click this link to get started. http://conroeisd.net/parents/get-involved/
Please have this completed ASAP.
You will be emailed the results. Please print that email and bring it to the lead chaperon so that it can be stored in the Band Director’s office. These will
remain STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. If you are a teacher in CISD you do not need to submit another request as your background check is already on file with CISD. You must complete a background check for each year and each school in which you volunteer.
Uniform Washing Instructions
- First, sign up in charms to volunteer to pick up 10-15 uniforms to wash when a wash day is announced. (Even if you don’t sign up, you can still pick up!….don’t that limit your willingness to help.)
- Second, just follow these simple instructions:
Washing Instructions – Jackets and Bib Pants
- On a “wash day” come to the uniform room when you are picking up your student and grab 10-15 uniforms on their hangers.
- If a stain does occur, sponge with water or treat with an appropriate product before it has time to set and before laundering. You may use “Spray and Wash” and other non-chlorine stain removers when washing.
- USE ONLY – All, liquid detergent (traditional scent).
- Machine wash on the gentle/knit cycle in cold water. Never wash in hot water!!!!
- Wash the bibs (pants) separate from the jackets
- Wash the jackets zipped and inside out
- Do not use bleach of any sort! Use only ALL, liquid detergent. Many detergents are harsh and have a beaching ingredient that will cause even colorfast fabric to migrate.
- Do not use liquid fabric softener on band uniforms!
- Hang dry the uniforms! Do not place in dryer.
- Each jacket and bib (pant) has a number on it. When dry, match the numbers to the correct hanger. The numbers are on the BACK of the hanger and the student’s name is on the FRONT of the hanger. Please hang the jackets in this way.
- If there is any damage or repair needed to any part of the uniform, please notate that is some way so the uniform head can be notified.
- After laundering return the uniforms to the uniform room and hang up in the appropriate spot.
- Third, return the uniforms, matched as instructed by the date instructed.