Sorry for the late email! As you are well aware…. December is a busy time!
Thank you to all parents AND students who helped Region Band Auditions run smoothly this past weekend. It takes some long hours but directors, judges and visiting students are truly appreciative of the room monitors, concessions help and staff meals that you provide.
Thurs, Dec 8 7pm –Annual Holiday Concert ORHS Auditorium – – this is a fun and festive concert, a great start to the holiday season!
**** Spirit Wear team willing be selling hoodies and t-shirts at the concert. A great Christmas present and a band hoodie will keep you warm!! Volunteers needed before, during or after the concert – please email can i order metformin online. Online store will be open through Wednesday, Dec. 7. *****
Sat, Dec 10 – Region Band Klein Forest HS – Congratulations to those students who made District and Region Band. Students were divided into 3 bands based on their placement rank. This week they will spend Friday afternoon and Saturday morning rehearsing in preparation for concerts that are sure to amaze. These concerts are free and open to the public. If you or your student are curious about the level of ability to needed to earn a spot in Region Band, you should certainly consider attending – you will be inspired!
5:30pm – Symphonic Winds
6:15pm – Wind Symphony
7:30pm – Wind Ensemble
NO BOOSTER MEETING THIS MONTH – a brief update will be presented Dec 8 at the Holiday Concert.
NO WEEKLY EMAIL next week. “This Week in Band Boosters” will resume in January 2017.
NEXT BOOSTER MEETING – January 10, 7pm ORHS Band Hall
If you are doing any online shopping this season, start with Amazon Smile and select ORHS Band as your charitable organization.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
2017/18 Booster Board – Nominating Committee will be reviewing volunteers this month and a ballot will be announced in January. If you are interested in a board position or becoming a support member for one of the board committees – email order metformin 500 mg online.
b. All positions (with the exception of Treasurer and Asst Treasure) are elected for a 1 year term. Elected officers can choose to stand for a second term only, if re-elected.
c. Positions include:
i. President – oversees all committees and presides over meetings
ii. President Elect – an “in training” position
iii. Vice President I & II – one VP oversees all volunteers, the other coordinates fundraising activities
iv. Treasurer & Asst Treasurer – one keeps our accounts straight in QuickBooks and the other in Charms
v. Secretary – takes minutes at all meetings, provides thank you notes to donors or others
vi. Events Coordinator – pregame & contest meals, judge hospitality, band banquet
vii. Color Guard Representative – liaison between guard and booster association
d. IDEALLY – each board member develops a team or committee to accomplish their assignments – the band program is at it’s best when working as a team!
JOIN THE FLAG COMMITTEE and keep this program running smoothly and successfully! The income from this program ensures the ORHS Band program can stay competitive in our Area – without increasing the annual Fair Share Fee!
1. Data Entry Volunteers – 1 hr / wk most months; 5 hr / wk (or more) during renewal season June / July
2. Email Monitors – 1 hr / wk most months; 1 hr / day (or more) pre and post any flag holiday
3. Holiday Support Team – Pass out and record routes at storage; Ensure all routes are placed prior to each holiday; This task could take most of one weekend, you would not be responsible for every holiday
4. Flag Placement Volunteers – every student / family is asked to participate twice a year. Many families choose to help the band and honor their country by helping at every holiday (there are 6). Each volunteer is responsible for at least one route (approx 30 flags) – placement for the holiday and pick up after – always return your route sheet with your flags!
Flags with Pride is not a program that can be run by one parent, one family or one band section – it takes ALL of us at some point in the year, to share the work and reap the benefit.
1. SPIRIT WEAR – OPEN – orders will be delivered to students once a week unless other arrangements are made. Don’t forget our hoodies as the weather gets cooler – and Christmas is just around the corner! Order through Charms, email to can i order metformin online for any questions.
a. Calendar of Events, Fee or Gear Payment History, much more!order metformin online canada
b. Questions regarding payments or Pavilion Points order metformin
3. STAY INTOUCH:
a. Photos – don’t forget to send to order metformin 1000 mg and /or Facebook
b. REMIND 101 – text to 81010 / @mspraderva
d. Twitter – @orhsband –
e. Instagram – orhsband
f. FaceBook – Oak Ridge High School Band – @orhsbandtx
g. Periscope: @orhsband
h. You tube channel: orhsband
4. Kroger Community Program — our third quarter earnings $762 – JUST IMAGINE if EVERYONE LINKED THEIR CARD!
a. This is an ongoing program that you can link to you Kroger Card. If you have signed up in the past you must renew each year to continue the commitment. Each donation is calculated as small percentage of your grocery totals, but together it all adds up to thousands of dollarsevery year to our band program.
–ORHS Band Booster Assoc Board
Dec 6, 2016
ORHS Band Booster President
ORHS Band Booster President
27330 Oak Ridge School Rd
Conroe, TX 77385