Labor Day is almost here and we have the responsibility of putting out flags.
We have a lot of routes/flags that need to be placed. Please log into your Charms account to add your name to volunteer. We need help with putting out/picking up flags and at the storage facility – both areas count as you volunteering.
As of today there are 28 people signed up to help – we need at least 52 more volunteers for this to be successful.
Follow the link to see if you are signed up, if not please take the time to add your name.
(If this link does not work, please let me know.)
The more people we have sign up (and show up) to help – the fewer flags each volunteer will have.
Flag pick up is from 9 am to 11 am Saturday, September 5th.
Flag drop off will be 9 am to 11 am Saturday, September 12th.
(Directions for placing, picking up and rolling flags are below)
The Flag Storage:
Woodlands Boat & RV Storage
25520 Richards Rd., Unit #30 (Located off Hannah and Richards Rd.)
Thank you for all of your help with this fundraiser.
Placing the flags instructions:
You will pick up a route(s) and the appropriate number of flags from storage. Once you arrive at your first address you will remove the flag from your vehicle, UNROLL it and place it in the sleeve at the flag tag on the curb.
- Some new subscriptions may not have a sleeve and flag tag yet, these houses will require rebar be placed in the ground and the flag placed on the rebar.
- If this is needed place the flag in line with the front door
DO NOT STICK THE FLAG IN THE GROUND WITHOUT EITHER A SLEEVE OR REBAR
Picking up flags instructions:
When picking the flags back up, redo the route that you did when placing flags.
- Pick up the flag out of the yard (get any rebar used as well). Please watch to see if the sleeve comes out – please notate any maintenance issues with the tag or sleeve on your sheet of paper.
- Place the flag – flag first – in your vehicle.
- You may roll and rubber band the flag when it is picked up or wait until you are back at storage.
- Once all flags are picked up return them to storage, assist with putting the flags away and return your route packet(s).
If your flags are not rolled and banded properly upon returning to storage, you will be asked to reroll them.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR NATIONS FLAG AND DO NOT ALLOW IT TO TOUCH OR DRAG THE GROUND.
ORHS Band Flag Coordinator