Hello War Eagle Band, We just finished a fantastic summer band and we are very excited about the progress the band made during August camp. A big Thank You!!! goes out to Amy Miller and her hospitality crew for a wonderful BBQ dinner after our band exhibition. It was great to have an opportunity to meet and mingle with the parents.
The 8th Annual Band Olympics has concluded and we raised just over $8000. That is before our results of the “mailer campaign” More importantly,,,the evening was great fun. Thanks to SLT president Nate Jordan, vice president Brittany Miller and all of our student leaders. The night of competition was so much FUN!!!!!! And we have a new Olympic Champion….from United Kindrum, the Percussion section took Gold. “Spinaly” (color guard) was awarded the silver and “Trombania” the trombones won bronze. Congrats to All!!!
1. Attached are instructions for the Band Remind 101. Remind Sign Up Info Please have parents and students sign up for this service. It is the means in which we use to communicate when we are away from campus. (i.e. Traveling to football games, contest, trips etc. )
2. Tomorrow is the first day of school! And YES….you will need your instrument and music. The band hall will be open by 6:45am so that you can put your instrument in your locker. In addition, be sure you are prepared and completely packed for after school rehearsals. Don’t forget YOUR HAT, WATER JUG, SHORTS, PRACTICE SHIRT, SOCKS AND SHOES! You will be sent home if you are not prepared. Remember this is for your health and safety.
3. Parents!!! We need some help please. We need to “hem” some of our marching pants. If you sew and can help us out please contact Pam Clements via text at 281- 755-6993. We really need this done before our first game.
4. Band Pictures: there was a mix up with the order form the photographer gave us for ordering pictures. A new form will be handed out in each class tomorrow. On Monday,Aug. 29 students will be able to take individual and section pictures as well as order the full band picture. This should help simplify things.
5. If you have any pictures from Band Exhibition or Band Olympics…please send them to our historians for the Band Banquet video: email@example.com
THIS WEEK IN BAND:
MONDAY: 1. Turn in Band Handbook and Social Media forms during class. They are in
charms and must be signed by a parent and student
2. Drum Line (battery and front ensemble) after school rehearsal 3:15- 5:15pm
3. Color Guard,Varsity Band, JV Band no after school rehearsal
TUESDAY: 1. Varsity Band (drum line, brass, woodwinds, guard) after school rehearsal
3:15 – 5:45pm
WEDNESDAY: 1. Music Pass off test – the rest of the contest show – during class
2. After school rehearsal -Varsity Band (brass and woodwinds only)
3:15 – 5:15pm
THURSDAY: 1. After school rehearsal-FULL BAND (Varsity and JV bands) 3:15 – 5:45pm
YOU WILL NEED YOUR BLACK SHOES
FRIDAY: Game Day:
1. What you need to bring: a. Your garment bag for your uniform
b. Black shoes, long black socks, compression shorts
black underarmour, hair ties
2:35pm – change into uniform
3:15pm – inspection in the old gym
pick up Pre Game meal to eat on the bus
3:45pm – Depart ORHS for Pearland Stadium
7:00pm – Kick off to the first game
9:30pm – End of game, load buses and depart
11:00pm – approximate arrival time at ORHS – we will send a Remind text with
exact time. Students will need to check in uniform and clean out
lockers for the weekend.
It is going to be a GREAT week. Remember the War Eagle Band practice EXCELLENCE in everything we do. So as your start your first semester remember that: EXCELLENCE IS NOT A SKILL BUT A HABIT…..Form Good Habits!!!!! Have a great first day!!!!
Oak Ridge High School